Hit the Lottery with Fries That are Baked!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Yes, I lost the post twice, thanks to the new Blogger interface. And I wasn't alone is a relief to know.

Anyway.

Potatoes, Punjabis and Patels are found in every nook and corner of the world, or so I've been told. Potatoes and Punjabis share a special bond. And I, can eat potatoes in any form, except for a pizza topping. :D
Also, I don't share my fries with anyone. No-no-no-no!
yeah, I know they are not healthy and stuff. So that's why when I came across this healthier option at Purple Foodie's blog, thanks to @pomegrantee , I rushed into the kitchen to make them instantly, only with a little variation to PF's recipe.
What else could have I wished for! Healthy, baked, Potato fries. Thank God for Potatoes and Thank God for Potato Fries. Ultimate comfort food. :D
Here is how I made them.
Ingredients:
4 nos Potatoes- medium size- par boiled;
4-5 tsp Olive Oil;
7-8 garlic Cloves- Minced;
Salt, pepper to taste;
Oregano for seasoning.

Method:

If you're going to use a oven, Preheat it 225 degrees. I own an electric tandoor, which is much quicker and much easier, so I use it more often than an oven. Because it gets preheated quickly. :D

  • Cut the potatoes into wedges and keep them aside.
  • In a bowl, take olive oil and add the minced garlic. Microwave it for about 1 minute. Use as less olive oil just enough to coat the wedges.
  • Now, add the potatoes in the warm oil and garlic mix and the salt pepper and oregano and toss it nicely, so the wedges are coated with the oil and the seasoning.
  • Keep aside for a about 10 minutes.
  • Now, arrange your wedges on the greased baking tray in a single layer avoiding any overlapping.
  • Bake them till crispy Golden brown. In oven, it might take about 40 minutes or more.
  • Serve with your choice of dip.

The Outcome:



The Fiasco:
It isn't exactly a fiasco, but I used more oil than needed. It dint make the wedges fried, but were oily-er than I desired.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fiasco la Cooking Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino