Chocolate Cake hai Khaana, toh khud banana :)

Monday, December 13, 2010

Thanks to @ohayesha who baked a cake for her friends birthday and twitpic-ed it. That just could not stop me from being tempted and I rushed into kitchen for baking one for myself. And, my cousins somehow smelled that I was going to bake a cake and they showed up on the door. :D And rest as they say, is History.

 Brownie Hot Chocolate Cake.
Ingredients:

All purpose flour (maida)- 1 and 1/3 cup,
Sugar- 1 and half cup,
cocoa powder- 4 tablespoons,
Baking powder- 1 teaspoon,
Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon,
Butter- 3/4th cup,
Some boiling water,
Eggs- 3,
Choco chips,
Chopped walnuts - to garnish.

Method:
  •  In a bowl, mix flour, add sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract.
  •  In another bowl, beat eggs, butter and boiling water together.
  • Now, mix all the ingredients to make a smooth batter, beat for few minutes.
  • Add choco chips and nuts.
  • Bake in a preheated oven 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for 20-30 mins
-or-
in a Microwave for about 8 minutes.


For Frosting,
 
Let the cake cool first, then, cook some condensed milk and chocolate powder for a few minutes until the consistency become pourable. Pour on the cake and do some art work of your choice with chocolate sauce.

The Out come:




The Fiasco: When I took the cake out of oven, it was liquid from the center. It looked like a well. When I put it in the oven again, I was sure it is waste. and will turn hard now. But somehow, it survived. Thank god for that. :)
P.S. I loved the cake so much that I could not decide which picture to put on. So uploaded all of them. :D

3 comments:

ayesha said...

Looks gorgeous and I'm sure it tastes amazing!! Yumm yumm

shweta Sylvia jani said...

yummy

Richa said...

@ayesha, it did :D

@lady shweta, its soo good to see you here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fiasco la Cooking Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino